Tuesday 5 March 2013

Shopping For a Nice Skin

I obviously mean 'shopping for nice skin' in the least creepy and serial-killer way possible. It was just the best way I could think of to say ' I went shopping for skincare products' without simply saying that. I had been having a couple of slightly bad skin days recently; this is probably something to do with my habit of eating entire packets of biscuits in less than an hour. So I decided to pop to Boots, a nice, big pharmacy chain that I'm not sure exists outside of the UK (it might; I haven't checked). This is the first time I have picked up a basket while shopping in Boots. In all honesty, I probably didn't need it considering I only bought four things, but I thought that there might have been a chance that I would splash out for once and buy more. Turns out that I am just as much of a cheapskate as I always have been and the fact that I suddenly earn money now hasn't changed that. 

Boots' Royal Jelly With Extracts of Pure Honey Hydrating Body Wash and Nourishing Body Souffle
I love this range. Absolutely adore it. A couple of years ago, my mum bought my sisters and I a set of small versions of this and I absolutely fell in love. It smells absolutely divine; it's quite strong and it leaves the skin smelling of honey for days after use. My current moisturiser is also supposed to smell like honey but, in all honesty, I bought it from the 99p shop back home and it just isn't the same as the Boots stuff. I just can't begin to explain how good these products smell. I nearly bought the whole range, but then I remembered that I already have soap and hand cream and I don't have a bath where I live at University to put bubble bath in to. In this way, my rational brain, the one that hates to spend any money at all, prevented me from putting everything in the basket. Which is pretty lucky, I guess. 
Soap and Glory's The Fab Pore Intensive-Action Pore-Refining Facial Peel
I think Soap and Glory are great; how could I possibly not when they offer me punny names and vintage-inspired packaging? Also, they are predominantly pink and I can't help that being a weakness of mine; it's the ballet dancing four year old fairy princess in me. I was going to get a face mask, but for some reason I chose this. I think I just like the top of the box, which isn't on this photograph but is quite pretty. It has a clean smell about it, which is quite positive for a skin-care product. 

Boots' Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Exfoliating Face Scrub
Years and years ago, my mum told me that witch hazel is good for getting rid of spots and other skin impurities. In addition to this, I have pretty much always felt that you can't go too far wrong with tea tree. My dad calls it all Voodoo and doesn't believe in any of this as he claims that it is fake science. But even if I weren't taken in by the promise of the cleansing and calming powers of witch hazel and tea tree, I really like the font and colours on the packaging of this range. I only bought the face scrub because I like the way you feel like it is doing something. Which is probably exactly what my dad objects to. 

So it looks like I am all ready for a pampering session tonight. Well, as good a pampering session that I can have without a very hot bubble bath. It's a shame I can't have that; I will just have to make do with this and an episode of Supernatural. 

No comments:

Post a Comment