Wednesday 20 February 2013

Money Spending

I went shopping for work stuff today. This meant that a trip to Ann Summers. It may surprise you to find out that I am actually a little of a prude when it comes to underwear; I have only worn a thong for ballet shows and even then I wasn't particularly comfortable with it. So I had never been in Ann Summers before because I had heard things that made me feel uncomfortable. But I figured that now that I get payed to take my clothes off for strangers, I should probably get over my lingerie issues. Particularly as I write a blog called 'Heels and Lingerie'.

The Ann Summers where I live is a small one; I'm not sure if they are usually that sort of size but there didn't seem like a lot. I was struck straight away with how neat the shop was. Everything was in sets of several matching pieces. I like that a lot; it just looks better that way. I was also struck by how feminine the lingerie all seemed to be; it just didn't seem slutty at all. In fact, even though I am incredibly fussy about underwear, I was actually spoiled for choice. Originally I planned to just by a pair of knickers and possibly some hosiery.  Unfortunately, the style of knickers that I particularly wanted didn't seem to be available and, despite being the no longer prudish new me, I wasn't quite ready for a thong. So I found this beautiful body thing. It is just the sweetest thing; I love the floral lace and the pale pink/nude leotard underneath. I do feel like it was maybe made for someone with slightly bigger breasts than mine, but I can live with that.

I was just going to leave with that and not bother with any hosiery, but the woman at the till just had to mention the 3 for 2 deal, that I had already seen and decided that I didn't care about, and I was up for buying them. She helped me choose and I was really thankful for the kind service that I received. Particularly as I wasn't exactly in my element and I had managed to convince myself that they knew intuitively that I was a stripper. Despite really enjoying my job and not exactly being ashamed of it, I still worry what other people think of me about it. Of course, there was little to no chance that they did know; they probably just thought that I was planning something special for my boyfriend.

After buying the lingerie, I popped to Boots to treat myself to some lipstick. This is half for work and half for myself. I bought Max Factor Flipstick Colour Effect in number 30 - Gypsy Red. I have been coverting this since it came out because it looks so cool on the adverts. I hardly ever buy makeup because it always seems horribly expensive, but I felt like I deserved this and, given my new wages, I could afford it. It is just as cool in real life as in the advert and this is the perfect colour for my skin tone. It also is very nice to apply and comfortable on the lips. I definitely recommend it.

So it looks like now I am all ready for work on Saturday. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment