Monday 25 February 2013

Flirting with Strangers

On Saturday afternoon, I had to go out into town with my boss to hand out leaflets promoting the club. This meant that he took me into a few bars and I had to approach groups of men and attempt to convince them to come to the club.

I hated it.
I struggle enough approaching men who are already in the club and at least I know that there is a high probability that they want to be around strippers. Something that even surprises people who know quite well is that I am actually painfully shy. I am sociable and friendly, so much so that I come across as confident, but the entire time that I am around people, I am uncomfortable and frightened. Of course, my boss doesn't know this. In fact, one of the first questions he asked me, after "You know this is a lap dancing deal, right?", was "You're not shy, are you?" and I said, "No, not at all; I am very confident". That was a lie.

Luckily, I have always been a flirt and, although I am frequently insecure about my appearance, I know that people are, inexplicably, attracted to me. Also, I wore one of my best daytime flirting outfits.
The shirt is a sheer one from New Look and I wore a little strappy vest top also from New Look underneath. The skirt is a denim one that I have had for years and is therefore actually too small for me. This, annoyingly, causes it to ride up, but also means that it shows off my figure just that little bit more. The belt is elasticated and another thing that I have had for years; it stops the skirt from ending up around my torso. The little red suede shoes are from Deichmann and I adore them. I just thing that they are the cutest things in the world and they make me feel like a lady. 

Make up wise, I didn't want to go overboard because it was daytime and I don't generally wear a lot of makeup. I wore my Eylure lashes that I cut the outer corners off and glued to the new outer corners because I only have little facial features but still want exaggerated outer lashes. I used a tiny bit of my Barry M eyeliner which I swear by and probably wont ever replace with a different eyeliner. I also wore my new Max Factor Flipstick Colour Effect lipstick  for the first time out of my room. 

We didn't manage to hand out as many fliers as my boss would have liked, which wasn't entirely my fault; there just weren't many groups of men out. I didn't get paid for the afternoon, but my boss bought me lunch, which was nice of him. 

That evening I worked in the club and I had a pretty good night. I gave several dances and everyone was very grateful and decent. There were no idiots that made me feel uncomfortable or said anything mean. In fact, I was inundated with compliments, which made me more than a little happy. I gave my first two girl dance, which I enjoyed although I wasn't initially sure how to go about it. I tried to just follow the other girl and she kept whispering to me to tell me what to do. She was actually the girl who taught me how to give a dance on my first night; she has definitely looked after me. In fact, all the girls have; I am very lucky. 

I came away from work on Saturday night with sore legs, £116 and a big smile. I hope more nights are like that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment